Energy News is a quarterly newsletter
where INFORSE members
and other NGOs exchange information on renewable and sustainable
energy. The newsletter
is published since 1993. It followed the "Soft Energy News", which
was published in 1990-93.
Energy News also
targets decision makers to raise their awareness of sustainable
energy problems, solutions, and successes.
Sustainable Energy News Online:
You can download pdf files
of all issues (including Contents) from: SEN
Between 1,500 and
3,000 paper copies are published and distributed world wide,
mainly to NGOs, but also to government representatives and research and
educational institutions. Approximately 1000 organisations (which pay
for, exchange or are supported for subscription) receive paper editions
by mail, and the remaining issues are distributed at events and conferences
in which INFORSE and its members participate. Approximately
1300 additional organisations receive email notification of the newsletter's
availability in pdf format through this website.
We welcome proposals for articles or
other content such as short
news pieces, events updates, success stories and technical articles. All
proposals should be sent to the Editorial Office. We welcome illustrations,
photos and charts and also request a short biography and photo of the
Tackled by Sustainable Energy News:
we publish editions of Sustainable Energy News with thematic focuses.
Recent themes have included women, poverty, schools, local energy
supply, financing and desertification. Recent theme articles are GENDER, SCHOOL, CLIMATE. Underneath
you can read some of the older ASIA related articles. Newer articles are available under the themes as well as under the published newsletters.
to Subscribe / Support:
You are welcome
to support the newsletter financially as well as with articles.
We are looking
for financial support for publishing and postage to NGOs world wide.
We do have arrangement
on Exchange of Subscription. Payments
are possible through
PayPal with VISA/Master card. (the possibility started in 2009). Please
go to INFORSE's Support
can pay 25 EUR or 50 EUR.
Energy News is free of charge for INFORSE members, and
on events, where INFORSE participates.
In 1992-2002, we sent the newsletter free of charge to non-profit
and non-governmental organisations, especially in developing countries
and Central and Eastern Europe, that requested it but could not pay
the subscription fee.
INFORSE-Europe has received support from EU DG Environmental Civil Society
Support for environmental NGO networks and the Swedish
Secretariat, which has made it possible to reach out to more NGO
readers in the EU and in Eastern Europe.
2011, the newsletter were only published 1-2 times a year. The
publishing and postage costs were supported by the Danish organisation "SustainableEnergy"'
s Climate Fund and the Swedish AirClim Secretariat. We are looking
for financial support to publish it again 4 times a
Energy News, INFORSE-Europe.
Klosterport 4E, 1.floor, th, DK-8000, Aarhus C, Denmark.
Ph: +45 86 22 70 00, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boye Olesen, Judit
Advisory Board: INFORSE
Regional Coordinators and the INFORSE-Europe Board.
member organisations send regular inputs to each issue.
following issues and articles contain stories related to renewable
energy in Asia:
Issue #78 (May 2016)
Theme: Eco-Village Development as Climate Solutions in South
Asia: Nepal, India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka
Download the 5-page theme article: (EVD
Theme: the Eco-Village Development.
Download the 3-page theme article: (EVD
3-page article 0,6 MB)
Promoting Poverty-Reducing Low-Carbon Development Strategies
in Africa, South Asia, and Latin America.
Download the 3-page theme article: (3-page
pdf, 0.5 MB)
(There are several articles see them at the concrete
#61 (July 2008)
- IDEA from Sri Lanka is inviting international volunteers.
Road 2020 Haribon Rainforestation Campaign in the Philippines
- Ashden Award to Grameen Shakti and TIDE
- Solar Energy Leads in Indian Climate Action Plan
Publications: p. 11
#60 (April 2008)
Articles from Asia under the Gender Theme:
• Bangladesh: 1000 Women Trained to
Solar and Cookstoves
• Asia: CRT-Nepal Became Asia Coordinator for ENERGIA
• India: Follow-up of INFORSE Activities:
Manuals, Jatropha, Open Uni, Soft Loans, Financing
• India: Micro-hydro Units in the Himalayas
#59 (December 2007)
Great "No-smoke" - Kitchen
Sri Lanka (p. 9)
By Zaren Myles, Women's Action For Development (WAFD), INFORSE member, India
• Seminars & Manual to Sustainable Energy
for Poverty Reduction (p. 8)
By Raymond Myles, INFORSE South Asia Coordinator INSEDA, India.
Training Manuals for Sustainable Energy Solutions to Reduce Poverty.
Available in English, Bangladeshi, Hindi, Nepalese and Singhalese. The
Manual is a result of a 3-year cooperation project among INFORSE organisations.
Read more on the manual at: INFORSE-Asia
#57 (August 2007)
South Asian INFORSE activities (p. 8.)
Sustainable Bioenergies Bring New Opportunities to Chinese Farmers? (p.
Issue #56 (April
15: Challenge for Sustainable Energy, (p. 3)
Side Events at IPM & CSD, February and April, 2007
Among the INFORSE organisations who made presentations: CRT, Nepal which
is also ENERGIA Asia Coordinator; Grameen Shakti, which provides micro-credit
to women in Bangladesh to install solar energy.
Read about this side event and about other INFORSE members' side events
like ENERGIA at UN
CSD 15 and IPM
& Manual to Sustainable Energy for Poverty Reduction, p.8
by Raymond myles, INFORSE-South Asia, INSEDA, India.
#54 (September 2006)
Energy for Poverty Reduction: How-to (p. 9)
#53 (June 2006)
- Central Asia-European Forum, Kyrgyzstan p.
- Low-Cost Solar Heaters, Kyrgyzstan p. 7
- Better Sustainable Energy Solutions to Reduce Poverty p. 9
- Inforse-South Asia Regional Meeting p. 9
- Biogas Center in Kazakhstan p. 9
#52 (March 2006)
News from Asia:
- Bangladesh: 30 New PV Centers Contributing
to Women's Empowerment.
#51 (December 2005)
- 1st Central Asian RE Conference p. 8
#50 (September 2005)
- Commercialised Stove Production in Sri Lanka.
A success story of 300,000 Stoves a Year p.10
- Energy to Reduce Poverty-INFORSE-South Asia Project 2005-06 p.10
Issue #49 (June 2005)
-South Asian NGO Project
for Poverty-Reducing Sustainable Energy Solutions: p. 10
- INFORSE South Asia news: p.
- INFORSE South
Asia Cooperation project 2005-06
- AIWC Receives
SESI Awards 2004
- Solar Dryer Project in Nepal and India 2005
- Grameen Shakti's Continued Success in Solar System
- Rebuild Afghanistan
Now! With Passive Solar Architecture: p.9
- New Continuation of the Action Program for Improved
Cook Stoves in Nepal: p.12
- Solar Dryers to Generate Income for Poor Women in India: p12
- New Demonstration & Documentation Centre for Sustainable Energy Solutions
in Malysia: p.13
- 4,000 New
Water Mills's Installation Start with Full Swing in Nepal : p. 10
- Energy Partnership Coming up
in India : p.8
- Who Lacks Electricity ? p.8
- REST: Indian National Support for Energy for the Poor p.8
- The Urban Poor-How do they Access Electricity?
- 10,000 Solar Home System in Bangladesh p.10
- Gender, Energy, & Water Network Established in Nepal p.11
- SPENA, Network for Sustainable & Peaceful Energy Policies in Asia p.11
Issue #37 (August
- A solar Designer in Nepal How necessity made me a disigner of sustainable